CLICK HERE FOR APOLLO 11 FIELD DIRECTIONS
This facility is designed to accommodate five general types of
remotely controlled powered aircraft in 4 separate areas of the park.
Radio controlled fixed wing, heavier than one pound on the main runway.
Radio controlled fixed wing, one pound or less & R/C gliders North of the pit area.
Radio controlled helicopters and drones, South of the pit area
Control line flight in the designated U-Control circles
This facility does NOT accommodate free flight aircraft, Kites, rocketry of any kind; R/C cars or R/C trucks.
Apollo XI Field Flying Regulations
Radio Control Flight Rules
1. All pilots must fly from one of the designated pilot stands.
2. The frequency board will be used at all times and pilots must post their frequency usage with a
card or I.D that contains their name or picture I.D.
3. Open flying is restricted during scheduled events.
4. No take offs and landings from the pit area, taxiways, or grass.
5. 400 feet maximum flying altitude.
6. Take-off and landings to be in the same direction according to the wind.
7. Down-wind passes over the runway are prohibited when other aircraft are flying.
8. Some sort of fuel recovery system must be used when fueling planes to avoid spillage.
9. All pilots will follow taxiways directions as posted.
10. Pilots will call out their intentions (landing, take-off, etc) and clear the runway quickly.
11. There shall be no flying during facility mowing operations
12. Flying over the Golf course, access roads or public roads is prohibited.
13. Each type of aircraft must fly and pit within the area designated on the map for that type of
vehicle. Fixed wing aircraft will have a standard left or right pattern depending on the wind.
Failure to comply with these regulations may result in a citation, loss of flying privilege or both.
**Pilots please note, the Field is closed to open flying during all Valley Flyers Events.
Pilots must check-in to participate. A valid VF Club membership and/or AMA membership is required.
Become a member, visit www.Valleyflyers.com for more information. 2/2013